Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cubicle Life


I started to pick up The Standard these days, because of the Sri Lankan columnist NURY VITTACHI. See how he described/quoted the cubicle life today (2009.1.13):

1. The feeling that I am in an experiment and thousands of unseen people are watching me sleep at my desk.
2. The lack of roof beams, which is a clear design fault. Where can I hang my noose?
3. The fabric walls, which offer no protection from gunfire.
4. The fact that the walls are too close together for a hammock to hang correctly.
5. The fact that there is only one socket but I have eight things to plug in.
6. The fact that prison cells are not only bigger, but have beds.
7. The fact that I can never open email attachments from my boyfriend without checking behind me that no one is passing.
8. The fact that when visitors tour the office, we feel like interesting zoo animals
to stare at.
9. The fact that when visitors don't tour the office, we feel like boring zoo animals no one wants to stare at.
10. There's no door I can shut to stop people interrupting my work, okay, my sleep.

And His website: www.vittachi.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

有同感!哈

市場維京人 said...

湯記,覆咗你 email 喇,有空請查看。睇下可唔可以脫離 cubicle life?
:P

阿湯 said...

維京人,得,搞掂咗,唔該晒!
btw,近日你的大市心得好像蠻準噃,佩服!